Sunday, November 11, 2012

MIZZOU-RAH!!!!

We just got back from a GREAT weekend getaway!  As most of you know, my sister got married this past summer to Curt.  Curt grew up in Knoxville, TN and has been a huge Tennessee Volunteer fan since birth.  =)  He is just as crazy about his Vols as we are about our Tigers.  With Mizzou moving to the SEC, we now play each other in football and basketball every year.  This past Saturday was the very first meeting between our schools.  Since Lindsey and Curt live in Nashville (Curt is in pharmacy school there, and Lindsey is a nurse), my parents and Ryan and I loaded up on Friday and drove to Nashville to pick them up after Lindsey got off work. (Sidenote - big thanks to Pamaw and Papaw for keeping Brynn this weekend!)  Then we headed to dinner and on to Knoxville, where we stayed with Curt's family.  On Saturday morning we all headed to the big game...Curt and his family in their TN orange, and us in our Mizzou gold.  We had the BEST time, and Mizzou won in QUADRUPLE overtime...I have NEVER seen a game like that!  It was AMAZING!!!  And through it all, the TN fans were really nice!!  After the game we headed back to the Jenkins house for dinner and watching football.  Then this morning we loaded up and headed home.  Sorry that all these pictures are fuzzy...they are all from my phone.

Tailgating breakfast...gold vs. orange!

I took this picture because I had to remember this moment.
We had to park far away and they had these buses that would drive you over to the stadium.
We all load on the bus, which is full of TN fans.
My mom walks on and looks around and yells "GO MIZZOU!"
Everyone just looked at her and stared...it was hilarious!  I don't know if she
thought it was going to be funny or break the ice that all these gold shirts were getting on the bus,
but it was just hilarious!
Jenkins and Pingel clans...

Ryan's brother Kyle is in grad school at UT and we got to hang out at his tailgate before the game!
He did his undergrad at Mizzou and is now at UT and they even did a
television interview with him that aired the day before the game!!


One of my very best friends from college now lives in Clarksville, TN.  She and her hubby
drove to the game and we were able to meet up before the game!!
SO GOOD TO SEE YOU JACLYN!

Mizzou tied the game up with about a minute to go...it was CRAZY!  Then it went into FOUR overtimes and we ended up WINNING!  I couldn't believe it...what an amazing game!  These next pictures are after the game.  Ryan and I ran down to the tunnel where the players walked through after the game and got to high-five them!!  It was so cool!

My cousin told me my mouth looked uncomfortably wide in this pic...I told her
it is just the face of sheer excitement! HA!

Sorry Erika...guess the "excited mouth" is going on again...
the players started walking over and I was getting so excited!



Look how excited this guy is to high-five me!!!! HA!
Then our stud wide-receiver comes over.  People around us are going crazy and he jumps right in the middle of all the fans.  Camera crews start coming over and someone (I realized later it was my HUSBAND) starts chanting "DGB, DGB!!!"  (His name is Dorial Green-Beckham so his nickname is DGB). People are going nuts and I was getting smashed and having flashbacks to rushing the basketball court in college...haha!  Anyway - Ryan realized that he somehow turned the video camera on instead of taking a picture, so we have this crazy video of everyone going nuts.  This is just a picture I took from the video...this is after the craziness was over!



So thankful for this sweet husband who puts up with my football craziness!  He had to miss the opening weekend of deer season so we could go visit everyone/go to the game.  He wasn't thrilled about that, but he was so sweet about it.  We had a BLAST and it was just a great weekend.  As a parent, I think it is so important/healthy to take a weekend to just get away.  And who would have thought it would have ended up with a FOUR OVERTIME VICTORY?? MIZ!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. So sorry, I didn't get to see you all. Hopefully next time.

    ReplyDelete