Saturday, September 29, 2012

Fall Baking - Pumpkin Bread Edition...

I have been seeing recipes for Pumpkin Bread everywhere and decided it was time for us to bake some.  So the other day we attempted this "Cream Cheese Pumpkin Bread" recipe and it turned out really good.  We made a HUGE mess in the process, but I guess that's life (and that's making bread with an 18-month old!)  I attempted taking some pictures along the way...she was just so funny imitating everything I did.  She saw me sprinkle some flour in the pan and she took some and sprinkled it everywhere!  =)  She loves to help stir, and as she watched me measure out teaspoons of this or that, she would take a measuring spoon and try to stick it in the box and add stuff in.  Even though it was a bit chaotic (that might be an understatement...ha!) it was just one of those "making memories" moments between us.  I can't wait for the day she wants to help in the kitchen and is actually HELP, instead of a cute helper who makes a big mess!  

She will scoot a chair over by herself so she can stand here to help.  HA!







And here is what the kitchen looked like in the middle of everything...WHOA!
(And yes, I realize it is not very safe to leave her standing on a chair by herself...I just stood
back for 3 seconds to capture the crazy mess.)  Also notice how neat and tidy (NOT) the cabinet is
on the bottom right...

I hope she still likes to do dishes in 10 years...by then we will MAKE her help and I'm sure she
won't want to. =)





It made two pretty big loaves!  YUM...I like to put some spray butter and whipped cream on mine!  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment