Sunday, September 23, 2012

Friday Night Lights

This past Friday was the big rivalry game between Cape and Jackson.  It was a little chilly and just felt like football weather.  When I went to Cape we didn't have our own football stadium so we played all of our games on SEMO's field, but Central just recently built a BEAUTIFUL stadium and it was PACKED!!  We got there right before the game started, and managed to get about the last seats available...and they were close to the front row!  It was so fun watching the teams and the crowds were CRAZY!  Since I taught/sub in Jackson you'd think I'd have given up for cheering for Central but when Central plays Jackson something just comes out in me (I'm sure you are shocked about that...NOT!).  I know that when we move to Jackson (we have a lot and plan to build in 2-3 years) and Brynn starts school there/plays sports that it will be different and I'll cheer for the good old Jackson Indians, but I'm just not there yet.  The game was super close the whole time, and Central ended up losing 29-26...but we still had a good time.

In my happy place!
I did put Brynn in red/black during the day, but for the game she came dressed in  her mama's
Central colors of orange and black!!

We ended up sitting right in front of the Central cheerleaders, and my old cheerleading coach
saw me and said "look over there!  It's the poster you made 10 years ago!"  She was laughing and
she said "yep, we saved it and still use it!"  Isn't that funny!
I think it says something about Heartland Football Friday...this segment on our news about
the high-school football games.
SOOOO SWEET!  Even Cape and Jackson can be friends!
We ran into cute little Birkley!  Her daddy is a coach for Jackson and she was looking ADORABLE
in her Jackson clothes.  Brynn and Birkley go to Baby Book at the library together.
Katie - I was just thinking...they will be in the same grade at Jackson, right?  I see some future
cheerleaders right here!

We watch football quite a bit around our house and when we turn it on we will say "Brynn, what are the boys playing?"  She will do this lionish growling sound and say "fah-bah!!!"  I hope she likes it just as much as her mama does!

No comments:

Post a Comment