Sunday, April 29, 2012

Steamboat Triathlon

This morning Ryan competed in the Steamboat Triathlon!  He had to swim 450 meters, bike 15.5 miles, and run 5 miles.  Brynn and I had fun watching him and chasing him around town while he was swimming, biking, and running.  He finished second in his age group and was really pleased with how he did!  YAY DADDY!

We got there just a few minutes before the start so we got to watch him warm-up a little.

Brynn LOVED watching everything going on around her.  She
was mesmerized by all the swimmers.

They started a new swimmer every 20 seconds...here is Uncle Jason!

Then Ryan...


Jason transitioning to the bike.

Let me just say...I looked like a complete moron trying to run around...maneuver the stroller, attempt
to video Jason and Ryan, and try to take still pictures.  But I did get some good action shots!



 After the boys left on their bikes, we had about 40 minutes to kill.  By the time we got out of the parking lot and I had driven a few minutes, Brynn was snoozing in the backseat.  (With her cold she hasn't been napping  as long...yuck!  And on the weekends we normally let her sleep as long as she will (usually around 7:30) but she's been waking up around 6:45 so I guess she needed to catch up on some sleep!)  It was actually kind of nice having 20 silent minutes to myself...wish I would have had enough time to go get a caramel frappachino from Starbucks!  HA!  We parked at our town library to watch the boys come by on their bikes.  She was so content to just sit in the stroller and watch the bikers whiz by!




FINISH!  He did it in 1 hour, 30 minutes, and 41 seconds!  (Ryan wants me to point out that
the clock in the background was the timer from the very beginning...he didn't start swimming until about 10
or 11 minutes after the first swimmer, if that makes sense.)


Look at her little scrunchy nose face...this is her new look!

Hanging out with lots of our friends whose husbands and friends were competing.


AWWW....Kristi and Matt just had baby Cameron a couple of weeks ago.


So sweet...she has started laying her head on our shoulders to "give hugs."  It is adorable!
I think Ryan's quote was "This is what it's all about!"  So cute!


Oh Brynn...already Miss Curiosity!

Ryan's training buddies...Matt, Rick, Jason, and Alex.


As ANNOYING as Ryan's alarm clock going off at 5 am is, I am so proud of how hard he trains and how great he does!  GREAT JOB!! And just for fun...here's a picture of us this time last year at the Steamboat Triathlon!  Wow...what a difference a year makes!



1 comment:

  1. Hey Whitney! I'm so glad you read my blog and I'm so glad you're excited about The Bachelorette too! It's going to be a fun season!!

    ReplyDelete