Sunday, April 1, 2012

See ya, pump!!!!!!!

Well...I think it's official. We don't have a little baby anymore...Brynn is officially a TODDLER!  She is growing up in so many ways...and I just want to write them down.  She has her one year check up this Tuesday, so I'll do her 12 month post then, but here are just a few of the major changes that are taking place...

  • She is WALKING!  She has been taking steps here and there since before her birthday, but just in the last couple of days she is trying to walk all over the place! 
  • Other than at bedtime, she is drinking out of her sippy cup for all her meals...it is crazy that we don't have to take the time to give her a bottle or for me to nurse.  She is also eating so much table food!
  • NURSING has finally come to an end.  At the beginning of March I stopped pumping over lunch, and then every week or so it seemed that we weaned another feeding.  By her first birthday I was only nursing at night (and even after she nursed we still gave her a 4 oz. bottle because I didn't know if she was really getting any milk or not).  So...this past weekend when I was gone for the night to Knoxville for my sister's wedding shower, we decided that it was the natural time to stop.  I took my pump with me just in case I felt like I needed to pump, but I didn't have to and it hasn't been painful at all.  It is so bittersweet, because while I'm so excited for Brynn to grow up and become more independent, I also enjoyed nursing so much.  It was such a special/bonding thing for me.  (And no one is more shocked to hear me say that than ME!  I know I've said it before, but NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS did I think I would nurse my baby to one year, and I'm so proud of that!) 


And on that note, guess what I packed up today?  YES, this is my pump and she's going to the basement!  (I thought she deserved a picture since she's worked so hard during the last year.)  I'm really not too sad to see her go.  For the last YEAR, she's been with me pretty much wherever I go, and I am so excited to not have to hook myself up to her all the time!  I also packed up all the medela bottles that go with her, which is just crazy!  SO LONG, PUMP!!

No comments:

Post a Comment