Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Lindsey's Knoxville Shower

What a fun whirlwind (is that how you spell that?) of a weekend!  This past weekend we headed to Knoxville for my sister Lindsey's first wedding shower!  We left Friday and were home late Saturday night, and managed to fit in some apartment hunting in Nashville with Lindsey and Curt, some shopping, a fun dinner, and LOTS of meeting/visiting with Curt's family!  I FORGOT my camera, but have a few pictures from my phone and some that Curt's grandma emailed me.

The shower was on Saturday at noon, so around 10 am we headed to Curt's grandma's house
 to pick her up for the shower and visit with her.  I read her blog, and couldn't wait to meet
her in person!  She is AMAZING! 

I told her it was on my bucket list to sit in her house and have a cup of coffee!
Here I am crossing it off my list!

 Here are Lindsey and Curt before the shower.  And here are some pictures of the shower that I took on my phone...the shower was so much fun!


-


Oh my gosh...this was the most amazing spread of shower food!  It was AMAZING!




We got to meet most of Curt's family members at the shower.




Curt even got to come to the shower and help open gifts!  He provided most of the comedy at the shower.





One of the best parts of the weekend was meeting Curt's oldest sister Amanda...that's her in the white top
on the right.  We have talked on the phone and on facebook, but hadn't met in person.  She is AMAZING! 
She has two kids...Andrew will be in kindergarten next year and Mollie is 5 months older than Brynn, and she has battled breast cancer at the age of 29!  She is such an inspiration of what a Godly wife and mother should be.  We were joking that if we lived in the same town we would definitely be having playdates together...we can't wait for Mollie and Brynn to meet in July at the wedding!

What a wonderful weekend in Knoxville!  We got to stay at Curt's parents house and also LOVED meeting his parents, Mike and Debbie!  They are SO SWEET!  Debbie and Betty - we can't wait to see you in May!

1 comment:

  1. We had so much fun with you all. The time was just too short. We are looking forward to May too. Can't wait to see Brynn!

    ReplyDelete