Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter Sunday Part 1


Just a warning - this post has a BILLION pictures...not sure why we took so many!
We had a WONDERFUL Easter!  I am so thankful for a wonderful church and for our families that live so close!  We had a wonderful day celebrating our Risen Lord!

Here is the cutie patootie on Sunday morning...she loves to "brush" her teeth!

Ryan's basket was a little sparse this year...HA!  He got a few Reece's eggs and that was it!

Oh look at that face!
Ryan works out most mornings, so when he got home Brynn was waiting to give him his
Easter candy!


Ryan makes really good pancakes, so on Easter Sunday I asked him if he would dye them green
and put some chocolate candy eggs in them.  He thought that was a little nerdy, but finally agreed. 

What a HUNK!  HA!
I don't know why the guys insist on wearing these nerdy riding outfits!!

After breakfast it was time for a quick bath for Brynn, then
getting all dolled up in her Easter outfit.

LOVE THEM!

All ready to go to church!


Loving on Uncle Jason at church.

I LOVE our church so much!


We didn't have any Life Group classes (Sunday School) on Sunday, just service.  We went to the 9:00 service, then came home and let Brynn take a quick morning nap while we straightened up the craziness of our house from Easter baskets and pancakes.  =)  Then it was time to head to my parents for Easter lunch.  Normally a bunch of my mom's family gets together, but my grandparents and aunt/uncle went to Dallas to visit my cousin Erika and her family, so it was just my parents, us, Lindsey and Curt, and Sarah M. (one of the college kids in my parents class at church).

More Easter goodies



My mom gave my dad a really cool Easter gift.  He really likes Kurt Warner and she gave him
an autographed copy of his latest book!

How nerdy am I?  My mom has this awesome bleach spray that I am always saying I love.
She has been telling me for a month that maybe the Easter Bunny would bring me some.
Sure enough...there was some in my Easter basket! 
I don't think you can ever be too old for the Easter Bunny!

It has been a long standing tradition in my family to have an Easter Egg hunt...and
the eggs are filled with money!  Many many years ago my grandparents hid the first
"money egg" and we've done it ever since!  They used to have quarters,
but this year there were even a couple of $5
eggs...HIGH ROLLERS I know! 

We were out for blood...Brynn had to take cover with my dad so we wouldn't run her over!




Then it was Brynn's turn!



Then it was time to open all the eggs...there were Bible verses in each egg too.


Family picture time...
 And for fun...here we are last Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment