Monday, May 23, 2016

Mother's Day - Brynn's BROKEN wrist!

We really had a wonderful Mother's Day...I guess so wonderful that I didn't take ANY pictures until we ended up in the ER that night.  

We had a great service and church and then ordered Outback take-out and ate at Pam and Rick's which was delicious and more relaxing than us having all five grand-daughters in the restaurant on Mother's Day.  

We got to stop by my parents house really quick to see Granny and Pawpaw and wish Granny a Happy Mother's Day before we headed home to take naps.  

Then we headed back to my parents that night to eat together and celebrate Mother's Day with them.

Ryan did pretty good in the gift department this year...WE GOT A MINI-VAN!  We got it a couple of weeks ago but I'm definitely considering that a great present!  I also took a picture of some shoes and a purse that I wanted at TJ Maxx and he actually went by and got them.  (Although I told him I needed the shoes in a size 8 and by the time he went by there the 8's were gone so he said "I just got the 7's...figured they would be fine."  HA!  Seriously?  Men are SO CLUELESS sometimes.  But I'd still say he did UMPTEEN TIMES better than a couple of years ago when he got me a SKILLET...I still haven't let him live that one down.      


And then the night took a turn for the worse...we were taking a walk in a cute little neighborhood by their house and we started racing.  We were cracking up because she was seriously almost beating us...like she actually BEAT my mom and my mom was trying her hardest to win.  Anyway...we were having a big old time running around and then it was starting to get dark and we kept running around and she just fell and tripped one time and landed on her wrist wrong.  I was worried she was going to have skinned up her entire face and legs but there wasn't one scratch.  Just what we thought might be a BROKEN WRIST!

We headed to the ER and sure enough...it was broken.  When we got there we knew three people that were working, from the triage nurse, to the nurse, to the ER doctor.  We didn't wait ONE second, even though the waiting room was super crazy.  I felt bad but I wasn't going to go wait in that huge line.  She was teary but did great...especially once the x-rays were over and the medicine was working.




They made a special cast and splint for overnight and she was already feeling good.  She slept fine that night and then Ryan was able to get us in to see the orthopedic doctor the very next morning at 8:30 (Ryan working at St. Francis and knowing lots of the orthopedic doctors definitely helped in this situation!)


HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY FROM THE EMERGENCY ROOM!  So thankful to be this girls' mommy and that everything turned out just fine.

1 comment:

  1. Bless her heart!! But Brynn looks like a trooper and I can't wait to go for a ride in that mini!!

    ReplyDelete