Monday, January 18, 2016

Grandma Sally

My Grandma Sally, my dad's mom, has been suffering with health issues for some time.  She was in the nursing home in Perryville and on Christmas night she suffered a series of mini-strokes.  They thought she was going to be okay, but a couple of days later they realized that the end was near.  Everyone was able to see her and her six children were around her when she passed away peacefully.  So thankful for the legacy of my Grandma and for the values and hard work she taught my dad.  We love you Grandma!

As we were going through some of her stuff and getting pictures to have out at her visitation and her funeral, my mind kept coming back to this picture.  This was always the first thing I noticed in her house and in her nursing home room.  I love this picture of my Grandma and her six kids.  If you can't tell, my dad is the second from the left. 


All of Grandma's grandchildren at her funeral dinner.  Obviously the circumstances were sad, but it was great to all be together.


Here are a couple of pictures from her birthday party a couple of years ago.  Emory was a newborn and she loved holding her!



Some of her great-grandchildren.



Her six children...my Uncle Curtis, my dad, my Uncle Wayne, Uncle Gary, Aunt Peggy, Grandma, and Uncle Tom.  (My dad's dad passed away when my dad was in his 20's.)


FOUR GENERATIONS...Grandma, Dad, me, and my girls.


No comments:

Post a Comment