Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Emory - 15 and 16 months

So Emory will be 17 months (17 months....I just CAN'T BELIEVE IT!) on February 14...but here are some things I had written down about 15/16 months...






  • Finally started walking around Thanksgiving (14.5 months)
  • At her 15 month check-up her stats were...
    • Weight - 20 pounds, 8 ounces - 12 %
    • Height - 31 1/4 inches - 67%
  • At 15 months she has her bottom two teeth and top two teeth, and the top and bottom next right are cut through.  Working on the top and bottom next left ones...so almost 8 teeth.  Currently cutting one of her molars and incisors.  
  • Wears size 3 diapers and 12-18 month clothes.
  • Does pretty well going to other people (like at church or Nonna's).
  • Says mama, dada, Brynn (Bwah), Nonna, Grandma, Grandpa, Pamaw, Papaw, Pawpaw, ball, banana (nan-uh), cup (pup), baby, water (wawa), done (duh), bottle (bobble), and several more.  She really tries to repeat a lot of the words we say, and I'm pretty amazed by her "talking" at this age.  Obviously, nothing she says is super clear (except mama and dada) but she says the same "sounds" for the words so I know she knows what she is saying, even if it's not clear to most people.  
  • GREAT SLEEPER....I thought Brynn was a good sleeper, but Emory is a champ.
  • She is LOUD.  Oh my word...we are in the stage right now where I pretty much DO NOT want to take her to the grocery store.  HA!  She wants to get down or wants to hold everything and she is pretty darn vocal when she can't have it.  I could have SWORN the lady in Hobby Lobby was about to come up to me the other day and tell me to take her out of the store...HA!  
  • She loves to wave and say "hi" to everyone she meets (which is SO unlike Brynn).  She will just say "hi" on repeat to people.  CRACK ME UP!
  • She started going to our church preschool with me on Tuesdays and Thursdays (once school started back up in January).  She has done so well!  She goes to Nonna's or Pam's on Wednesdays.
  • She is just such a JOY and a light to us.  I know that sounds cheesy, but I think having a second child just gives you perspective.  I know stages (like our loudness in the grocery store...ha!) don't last forever, so the crappy parts don't seem so bad, and I want to just cherish all the sweet moments.
  • Speaking of sweet moments, I just LOVE putting her to bed.  She loves her blanket and her 'Mooshka" baby doll and she will cuddle them and let me hold her.  She usually lays her head on me and lets me sing some songs (which she usually interrupts a couple of times to look at me and say "HI" in this hilarious voice!"  Then she tries to give eskimo kisses.  She will let me sing and sometimes she pats my back...it is so funny and sweet.  We will pray and then I will lay her down...just such a special little time with her.
  • She still LOVES her blanket and her baby doll.  She loves to snuggle it.
OH EMORY WE JUST LOVE YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH!

No comments:

Post a Comment