Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanskgiving Break Starts Early

Well...it's Tuesday morning and I should be at school teaching but I'm home with STREP!  Yuck!  I taught all day yesterday and made an appointment after school because my throat was so sore...and sure enough the strep test was positive.  I had it in my mind I could make it through the day, but by the time I got to his office I felt so bad...I even started crying in front of my doctor.  How embarrassing!  Part of it was because my throat felt like it was on fire every time I swallowed, but the other part was because I was worried Brynn would get it, and because I was supposed to be "hands off" for a couple of days in regards to her.

I started antibiotics last night and I feel a lot better today, so I'm hoping with another dose tonight I'll feel way better tomorrow and be feeling good for Thanskgiving.

Here are just a couple of pictures of what Brynn's been up to the last week or so.

Doesn't she look so old?  We had a wedding this past weekend...she was all ready to go!

Smiley girl!

Ready for church on Sunday.  She LOVES buttons...this hat from Great-Aunt Soni is covered with them so she LOVES IT!

Her new FAVORITE toy...the comb I use to fix her hair!  She has really started understanding that things are still there even when she can't see them ("object permanence" from my early childhood days...haha!) and she has been yelling for a couple of seconds after we take it away!  Oh no....are we getting a sassy attitude?  HA!

Latest development...getting herself in a sitting position in her crib!  When we go in to get her in the mornings or after a nap she is usually always sitting up playing!  There are times we put her down and she just sits up and plays before she falls asleep...Ryan and I will look at the video monitor and laugh and say "child...lay down!"

No comments:

Post a Comment