Wednesday, November 9, 2011

New York Day 2

We had decided that on Friday morning we would get up and head into the city early so we could watch a taping of one of the morning shows.  The night before (when we were in Rockefeller Center) I went into the NBC store and asked one of the workers about watching the taping of "The Today Show" (it's my fave!).  He told me that Friday morning was probably going to be CRAZY because Justin Bieber was going to be there! AHHH!  I don't mind me some Justin Bieber but I didn't really want to fight a million crazy tweens to watch the taping.  So...we got up and decided to go watch the Early Show on CBS.  We got there bright and early and found out that they don't tape any outside segments.  Grrr...

However, since we were close to the Today Show we decided to just give it a shot.  Justin Bieber had already finished his interviews so it wasn't that crowded.  We got there just in time to watch them come outside for their 9 am outside segment!  It was so cool to watch!

Pardon my CRAZY hair!  Sarah and I were ready to watch!

The boys!  Jason (Ryan's oldest brother), family friend Aaron Shoaf, Ryan, and Ryan's younger brother Kyle. 

We watched Al Roker and Ann Curry tape their outside segment, but we didn't get close enough to take pictures with them or get on camera.

 Then as we were standing there this girl randomly comes up and asks us if we like Kathi Lee and Hota (I'm probably spelling their names completely wrong).  They tape the 10:00 hour of the Today Show and Friday happened to be a special "audience asking questions" segment.  She asked if we had any questions for them, and Jason was going to ask if they had ever considered running a marathon, since the NYC marathon was that Sunday.  They told us where to go to get ready for the taping so we all headed up.

The "live audience" was across the street in another room, and they sent over Sarah Haynes (who works on their show) to ask the questions.  We ended up being RIGHT in the front, and Sarah Haynes said they needed some people to be silly and dance around for a quick video shoot before the actual questions.  In honor of the marathon she wanted us to do the "running man" dance!  Jason, Sarah, and I were right up in the front dancing away!  Several of my family and friends watched us on tv and said it was hilarious!

Sarah was SO nice and funny!  Look at me...thinking I'm all big stuff next to her!  HAHA!

Our celebrity encounter of the trip!

That afternoon Ryan took the camera...the boys went to the expo to pick up their race packets.  I guess Ryan took this picture to show people picking up their race stuff. 


Me, Sarah, Pam, and Kyle got in some shopping time!  We stopped by the American Girl store which is always so fun!  It totally takes me back to early elementary school when I was OBSESSED with my Felicity doll!  HA!  Then we went to Canal Street to look for bargains...we didn't get any purses, although we did follow a lady down several side streets to a sketchy back room.  We got lots of scarves and jewelry...and the highlight of my shopping trip was some off brand perfume!  Let me explain...my FAVORITE scent in the whole world was Ralph Lauren "Cool" (Jaclyn this is the perfume I wore in college that you always commented on).  Well...they stopped making this perfume a couple of years ago which totally bummed me out.  But not to worry because they have immitation everything on Canal Street.  I got some "Alpha Pink" (that's it's super cool off-brand name) and it smells JUST like that Ralph Lauren perfume!  Sarah got some fake "juicy" perfume which smells SO GOOD!  I think we had more fun laughing at our fake perfume and their names...by the end of the trip we were calling her's "goosy" and mine "alpha dog!" 

That night we went back early and went to the Shoaf's house for supper.  I obviously didn't take many pictures the rest of the day, but it was so fun visiting with Aaron and Marissa and their kiddos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment