Sunday, November 27, 2011

A Different Kind of Thanksgiving Football...and more Thanksgiving Fun!


On Friday, Brynn and I had a wonderful low-key morning of playing at home.  After the craziness of Thanksgiving it was nice to just have some downtime together.  Then around 1 I dropped her off at Pamaw's and rode to St. Louis with my mom and dad, and Lindsey and Curt.  (Ryan had to work, but was coming to St. Louis to meet us after he got off.)   We shopped for about 3 hours (super fun for us girls, for Dad and Curt not so much) and then headed to the Dome to watch my cousin Scott's team play for the state championship.  He is the head coach at CBC High School in St. Louis.  They were undefeated and we were so excited to support Scott and cheer on the Cadets!

We had never been to one of the high school state championship games and the atmosphere was so cool!  Watching them warm up felt like we were watching a college team!

GO CBC!

Here is Scott pacing the sidelines...he is such a good coach and we are so proud of him!


Ready for kickoff...

It was a GREAT game!  It was a nail biter the whole way, and CBC ended up losing by 3.  We were so proud of them anyway!  And just for the record, we didn't get home until 1:30...I don't think I have stayed up that late since college!

The next day, Saturday, was the Pingel (my dad's side of the family) Thanksgiving get-together.

4 generations...Grandma Sally, my Dad (not in that order...ha!), me and Brynn

Brynn checking out her Great-Grandma.

Brynn's favorite game right now is to sit on Grandpa's head and give him kisses (aka slobber on his bald head) or play his head like it's a drum!  HAHA!


After everyone left from the Thanskgiving celebration my parents decided to use Ryan and Curt for manual labor and put up their Christmas tree.  Brynn found a shiny ornament and that was her entertainment for the next hour.

Hopefully this isn't how she gives kisses for the rest of her life...ha!  Well...she can for her mommy and daddy but I don't think Ryan will want her doing this to any boys...EVER!

Linz and Curt got a hold of the camera and this is the result...plus a few more ridiculous pictures I deleted.  Oh the joys of hanging out with those two...we all never stop laughing.  We love them so much!!!!!!!! 

Brynn loves looking at the lights on Christmas trees...I don't know what Ryan is doing in this picture.

This child is into everything...if I had a dollar for every time my dad said "she is so active" I'd be rich!  (I just hope we don't hear that in a parent-teacher conference in 5 years!)


We have had such a fun Thanksgiving holiday!  We are so thankful for all of God's blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment