Saturday, September 17, 2011

Teething and Working

Last Wednesday night was the weirdest thing...Brynn just wasn't herself.  She was SO FUSSY and at one point she was crying like she was a newborn!  We were wondering if she was teething.  She slept fine that night, but when we got her up Thursday morning she started fussing again.  We checked her temperature (which was fine), but still didn't really know what to do.  I had a mini-meltdown and started crying before school (which was doubly bad because I was almost out of makeup and looked like a racoon!)  I just felt so helpless...what do we do to help her feel better, do I need to take her to the doctor, etc.  We went ahead and took her to Nonna's (I caved and had to text Nonna that morning to see how she was doing and also made Ryan call her to check on Brynn...yes, I was that mom!)  I also ordered Ryan to go buy baby teething gel and "sophie the giraffe" teething toy on his lunch break.  Turns out, she had the best day...was so happy and pleasant.  WHAT?  I guess all babies have "off" days and maybe Wednesday night was just that.  Who knows?  But we are glad to have Little Miss Happy back!  Maybe Sophie the Giraffe works miracles!

She LOVES this little giraffe!  (And she better...who would have thought this teething toy cost $23!)


We were signed up to work the fair booth on Thurday night for our Life Group class.  After Brynn's fussiness Wednesday night I was almost wondering if we shouldn't go on Thursday night.  But since she had just a good day and seemed to be over whatever "it" was that was bothering her, we loaded up and had a great time!  She was SO GOOD...cooing and smiling at people and playing with Ansley.  We didn't exactly win the award for best helpers from our class...sorry guys!  I did help put together a lot of glowsticks while Uncle Jason played with Brynn, but I also enjoyed eating my fair food and watching Ansley and Brynn look at the "shaking hands monkeys" at the text next door!  HA!

Brynn was pretty spoiled...getting held by everyone and playing with Ansley...they were passing out lots of glowsticks!  Notice the cute hat and booties from Auntie Alicia and Auntie Lauren!

Brynn spent most of the night with Uncle Jason.  Thanks Uncle Jason!

I love you Uncle Jason!
I seriously am such a nerd, but I love the fair!  The weather was cooler and it really felt like fall!  I'm already excited about the fair next year...maybe I'll try the red velvet funnel cake...

2 comments:

  1. Don't ever feel bad about calling and checking on your baby! I'm sure nonna didn't mind at all. I'm glad it was nothing and that she is doing ok :o)

    ReplyDelete