Monday, September 26, 2011

Mizzou Family Weekend

Last weekend was Mizzou's Family Weekend.  I can't believe my little sister is already a SENIOR at Mizzou!  Ryan and I got up early on Saturday morning, took Brynn over to Pamaw's to play, and headed up to Columbia.  We were so excited because my cousin Erika's husband, Tab, was reffing the game, so they were all up in Columbia!

Erika had her kiddos decked out in Mizzou gear...she MADE Ebby Lee's outfit...how adorable is that?  Brynn is definitely borrowing that in a couple of years!

We all met at Shakesphere's Pizza!
Here we all are at Shakesphere's.
Then we headed to campus.  We parked at the BSU...a very special place for us in college...and walked all around.  Nixon wanted to bring this yellow purse for the trip...haha!


Ready to take our campus tour! 
I'm sure it will feel like the blink of an eye before these two are actually touring college campuses for real...sorry, hope that didn't make you cry Erika!
First stop...inside the BSU, where they now have a special coffee shop.  I had to get a pumpkin spice latte...those just taste like fall to me.  Then we seriously walked ALL over campus...the kids were SO GOOD. 
After Aunt Tina took Nixon and Ebby Lee back to the hotel for the night, we had our own little tailgating party before the game.  We played a little football (and what Pingel family event wouldn't be complete without me and my sister lovingly arguing about who is the best at football?  HA!  I still maintain that my intramural flag-football skills are FAR superior to my sister's!  She begs to differ!)

Dad having some fun.

Erika, Linz, and me
Then we headed to the game.  I wish we had pictures of us in our ponchos...it was raining pretty hard at the beginning, but it let up and felt WONDERFUL for the game.  Normally at the family weekend game I'm sweating like crazy, and this year I was wearing a hoodie!  Hot dogs, hoodies, and football make me a very happy girl!  (Oh yeah, and a Mizzou victory!)  Here is Tab on the field.  He was AWESOME!  We are so proud of him!  Mizzou won 69-0 and we had a BLAST!

No comments:

Post a Comment