Monday, April 18, 2011

Mommy and Daddy's DATE

This past Saturday Ryan and I went out by ourselves for the first time since Brynn was born.  We are trying to keep her on a schedule so it has been WONDERFUL because I know pretty much what time I am going to nurse, and when I need to be back home to nurse her again.  So...my mom came over to babysit and we were able to head out for about 2 hours!  One of my best friends Alicia (who happened to be my random freshman year of college roommate) sent us the sweetest gift the other day.  She knows I LOVE Olive Garden, so she went us a gift certificate for Olive Garden and a little Mizzou hat she had made for Brynn.  Ryan and I ate at Olive Garden and even had time to stop at a shoe store for me to buy some new running shoes (which I better use soon or none of my pants and shorts will ever fit again...my thighs and butt need some work!) We also went to Barnes and Noble and got Brynn a first year baby book.  Anyway - we had a GREAT time!!!  It is so wonderful that both my parents and Ryan's parents are here in town and pretty much beg us to go out so they can babysit!  Thanks grandparents...we needed a little date!

Here is my cute hat from Auntie Alicia...it is a little big right now, but I bet I'll get a LOT of wear out of it!

And here are some cute booties Auntie Lauren had made for me to wear to Mizzou stuff!  They are so cute!

4 comments:

  1. Yay for dates! Being a Mommy is the best thing in the whole world, but dates kept me sane! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAAH! thanks for posting the bootie pic! i want to eat her little legs off!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad she'll be able to wear the hat for awhile...haha, hopefully it will fit better by football season. Brynn's aunties will definitely keep her closet full of black and gold :-). So glad you and Ryan got a date night, too!

    ReplyDelete