Monday, April 25, 2011

Ebby Lee and Nixon's B-Day Party

On Friday night we went to Zalma to celebrate Ebby Lee and Nixon's birthdays!  (Just a little background for those of you who don't know...my cousin Erika and I are a little less than 2 years apart and have always been really close.  She grew up in Zalma, MO and now lives in Dallas with her husband Tab and their 2 kiddos.)  So...their family came into town for Easter and also had a birthday celebration.  The decorations/ "theme" was ADORABLE.  Uncle Bruce made homemade BBQ sauce for sandwiches and we had fries, corn on the cob, smore cupcakes, etc.  Erika outdid herself with the decor! 

So cute!  I need her party planning skills.  Camden is hanging out in the corner!  (By the way...Kelly and Jared's wedding is less than 6 weeks away!  CAN'T WAIT!  And that's another story...one of my best friend's is marrying my cousin Jared...Erika's brother!) 

The birthday boy and girl...Ebby Lee turned 2 and Nixon turned 1!

Some of the girls at the party...Kelly, my sister Lindsey, me, Erika, and Ebby Lee.

Granny and Pawpaw with Brynn

Erika with Brynn (and there's that bow again...seriously maybe she does wear it everyday??)  She had to change out of her cute party outfit because we had a little poop accident.  HA!

Her first party favor...baby food!  The adults got some of Uncle Bruce's homemade BBQ sauce.

Here was the cute outfit before poop went up the back. =)
We had a great time at the party and loved seeing Erika, Tab, Ebby Lee, and Nixon!  We wish they could visit every month!  And thank goodness we survived the drive home.  This spring has been TERRIBLE weather-wise...I'm so sick of seeing the weather people on the news telling us about the latest thunder storm and tornado warning...it has been crazy.  Well, on the way home (while driving amidst hail and thunder and lightning) the radio was going crazy telling us we are in the middle of a tornado warning, etc. I seriously wanted my dad to pull over and ask someone if we could hide in their basement, but no one went for my idea.  Ryan was in St. Louis for a Cardinals game for a friend's Bachelor party.  This was the same Friday that the tornado blew out the windows in the St. Louis airport.  Needless to say the game was delayed, but the boys evidently huddled in the stadium bathrooms until they started the game.  When he drove home he had to stop twice because of tornado warnings!  CRAZY!  I'll be so glad when all this weather is OVER!

2 comments:

  1. Whitney, I love your blog! I love the pictures of Brynn :) She's beautiful! When I'm on your blog and with Ty I always make sure he sees the posts! Haha We can't wait to see you guys in June!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe ryan was in stl that day...crazy!?! and erika's party theme was super cute :)

    ReplyDelete