Thursday, June 23, 2016

Chicago Vacation - Day 3

The next morning we got up and went to the Willis Tower to the famous Skydeck.  You can see for MILES and they have the famous glass bottom ledge where you literally walk out and can see down 103 stories...AHHHH!



You think in your head "I'm totally fine...I'm just walking out but then you see out on the clear ledge and it's like "HOLY COW!"  It took me a second to SLOWLY walk out on that thing...



I should have taken a picture of what it looked like to look down 103 stories but I was a little preoccupied.  I should have had Ryan or Brynn take it...NO FEAR!


Then we headed to the Chicago Art Institute for a couple of hours before lunch.  I really wanted to go, but I didn't think anyone else would like it.  But surprisingly everyone thought it was pretty cool.  The girls loved the miniature rooms downstairs (they have recreations of famous rooms from like the 14th century through modern times)...almost like little dollhouses.  Ryan loved the famous stuff, and I just loved it all. 


We had bought this City Pass thing so we had entry to all these attractions, and it also included extra stuff..so at the art museum we got those "listening guides."  The girls loved pushing the buttons and hear them talk about the pictures (they even had kid versions).





We grabbed lunch outside at Pret (sidenote but the first time I had Pret I was in London during my high-school trip and it just seemed so "cool" to me).  It's just sandwiches and salads and stuff to go, but eating there with the girls almost felt like we were on a family trip to London or Paris...so fun!  I hope we can take them when they are older!


Then we headed to the Field Museum to spend the afternoon there.



We got to see a movie in 3D...so cool!





One of the funniest parts of the day was when we went to this soil exhibit.  It "pretended" to zap you to make you the size of a little bug and you walked through and you were the "size" of a bug in the soil.  Ryan and I were laughing and joking and like "oooo....I'm getting zapped...I'm shrinking."  Brynn looks at us kind of nervous and she was like "are you serious?"  Then we walked through and it says "you've been shrunk to the size of a bug.  Look at small you are compared to this penny."  Brynn was about to freak out because she really thought we were little.  It was hilarious.  We were able to calm her down and explain that it was just a joke.  HA!



I LOVED the Indian artifacts...



Brynn was so excited to eat at the Rain Forest cafe.  The girls thought it was SO COOL!




On the way home we stopped at Sprinkles cupcakes.  I've heard about them before but never had one.  HOLY COW...it was INCREDIBLE.  My cupcake probably weighed a pound...HA!  The chocolate icing was insane.  

Back at the hotel...


Such a great day!

1 comment:

  1. The best flowers and arrangements!!! Got a $20 arrangement filled with 2 Sunflowers, 2 calla lily, 2 tiger lily and a few other ones. 9 days later they are still alive. My mom loves them. The Florist Delivery was so nice and awesome with creativity.

    ReplyDelete