Thursday, February 25, 2016

Valentine's Day COOKIE ORDER - The Motherload!

This year for Valentine's Day I decided to just GO BIG OR GO HOME and did the most cookies I've ever done in my life...WOW!  I stopped my pre-order at 50 dozen, and with the extras I inevitably have to bake, I did about 55 dozen Valentine cookies.  YIKES...my hands are hurting just typing that!

My mom made half my dough and I made the other 16 batches.  Then I spent two days baking on and off in shifts.  On the Monday before Valentine's Day I got up at 6 am and starting mixing my icing colors.  By about 7:15 I was ready to start icing.  HOLY MOLY. 


I had tables set up all over my house and it was like Willy Wonka's cookie factory...


I spent about five hours outlining and basing.  My dad picked the girls up about 9:30 and took them for a little play-date and he brought them back about 11:30.  By then I was almost done with the first part and we took a break, ate lunch, played, etc.




After Emory went down for her afternoon nap around 2, I started up again.  I was able to get a lot done while the girls napped, and only had a couple more hours to finish later on.  I was SO GLAD TO FINALLY FINISH!

The cookies sat and dried overnight on Monday night and then Tuesday after school my mom came over and she helped me package them all up.



WHEW!  It took a small village of helpers, and I couldn't have done it without them...but so thankful to have had another successful round of holiday cookies!

2 comments:

  1. I have an idea. Come to visit me and teach a class about how to make and decorate those cookies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 50 dozen?!! You are a crazy woman! Maybe your PT can give you some hand stretches!

    ReplyDelete