Sunday, February 14, 2016

Family Weekend with Linz and Curt

The last weekend in January my sister and Curt came home for a visit!  We got up on Saturday morning and had breakfast all together at my moms house (even Granny and Pawpaw got to come!)  Then the boys went to run some errands while the girls did some shopping.  We finished our errands by stopping at our old high school.  They are tearing down the "old gym" (as everyone refers to it) and that Saturday was open to the public to come see it before it gets demolished and rebuilt into offices, classrooms, etc.  Since Lindsey and I spent a lot of time there it was fun taking the girls to see it!


 Some fun dances went down in this gym!  This was one of my high school gyms until my school built a brand new high school my senior year and it turned into the junior high gyms...so I had high school dances here, and Lindsey had a lot of junior high games and stuff..

 \
I'll never forget how nervous I was for cheerleading tryouts in this gym..


Later that afternoon Emory took a nap at Grandmas while everyone else went to watch the SEMO women's basketball game.  They won a nail biter and even Lindsey and Curt had fun cheering them on!  Then that evening we headed to Mrs. Lisa's house for our yearly "Family Friends Christmas (that's been permanently moved to January so I guess we won't call it Christmas anymore) get-together. Some of the littles (or third generation as Mrs. Lisa calls them)



Emory and her bud Libby Kate (Holly and David's middle little girl)


First generation (missing you Miss Melanie and Darryl).  These couples have been through a LOT together)


Second generation...


Brynn and Shelby =)


Semo women's basketball team has a "Simply Swirled" FroYo wheel that gets spun at the games. If the Redhawks score at least that many points you get free FroYo.  The Redhawks didn't score enough points, but Brynn thinks that if they win we get free FroYo...hey...I'm fine with that!  HA!



After church on Sunday we headed to my moms house for lunch before Lindsey and Curt headed back...we got Chinese take-out because EVERYONE loves it (except Rene...)


Rene's plate...


Everyone else's plate...


THANKS LINDSEY AND CURT FOR COMING TO VISIT!  WE LOVE YOU!

1 comment: