Saturday, February 6, 2016

Mrs. Jan

Footprints lost an amazing treasure this past week as our beloved Mrs. Jan passed away after a short fight with cancer.  She was the assistant teacher in the Pre-K class for the last 7 years so I've gotten the privilege of working with her for three years, and this year she was Brynn's assistant teacher!  She was also a very active member of our church (and her daughter and my sister played sports together and graduated from high school so she's been a family friend for many years.)  Working with her was such a blessing.  She was always so encouraging to me as a young mom and was always making me laugh!  She was such an inspiration...so many times she would go above and beyond to do things for other people and never wanted anyone to know she was the one who did it.  I want to be like her in so many ways and I'm so blessed by the time I spent with her!

The kids in her class made Footprints and the florist used them to make one of the most beautiful arrangements for Jan's visitation and funeral. 





 Mrs. Jan loved Jesus and that was evident in everything she did and said.  We are so sad that she is no longer with us but I can only imagine what she is experiencing in Heaven with Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment