Saturday, December 19, 2015

Christmas Cookies!

I'm phasing out the custom cookies every week...and moving toward just doing holiday cookies once every couple of months.  It is AWESOME!  It's much less stressful and I am so thankful it's working out for me to do it this way!

I decided to do Christmas cookies the very first week of December because a couple of people needed them then, and since the cookies freeze so well I figured people would have them all December and could freeze them until they needed them for whatever party they were using them for.  

My goal on a pre-order is around 30 dozen...I usually have my system worked out and even though it's a CRAZY four-five day process...I'm getting it down.  

Day 1 - Make about 20-25 batches of dough.
Day 2 - Bake about 200 cookies (in shifts...morning and evening)
Day 3 - Bake the other 200ish cookies (half in the morning and half in the evening)
Day 4 - Make 6-7 batches of icing and ICE.  I try to base all the cookies before 2 pm...take a rest and then finish all the detail work until I get finished.  I let the cookies dry overnight.
Day 5 - BOX UP AND PICK-UPS...then sing the HALLELUJAH chorus!

I always make extras and this time I had enough dough that it ended up being around 34 dozen!


I iced cookies on a Monday and since the girls were home with me it was a tad interesting...but when Emory was napping Brynn was an awesome helper and worked on her own craft projects...




WHEW!  HAPPY CHRISTMAS COOKIES TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT!

2 comments:

  1. You are amazing! Cookies look amazing and taste delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew girl! How crazy that you do all that on your own! Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete