Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Valentine Cupcakes

Yes, I may have lost my mind during the week of Valentine's Day.  HA!  In the middle of baking and decorating almost 350 Valentine cookies (that's a post for tomorrow...) I decided to bake and decorate Valentine cupcakes with the girls on the Wednesday before Valentine's Day.  (I just never want my cookies to get in the way of my time with the girls, so I almost always do my cookie stuff during nap time or after the girls go to bed.)  

We had to stop by the grocery store after school, so we decided to pick up some strawberry cake mix and icing and Brynn was SO EXCITED!  We baked the cupcakes before supper and then decorated them after we ate.  I think I must need to stick to baking cookies because our cupcakes kept deflating after we took them out!  HA!  Luckily...the girls didn't seem to mind...they were having lots of fun decorating!





After the cupcakes came out of the oven, we started working on their Valentines for their school parties.  Next year I will learn my lesson.  We are going to have the girls Valentine boxes and Valentine cards done the WEEK BEFORE!  HA!  Emory's had a little card about "I love you BEARY much" and Brynn loves gummy worms so hers were about that.  Emory loved "helping" fill the bags with the cookies (aka she ate half the box).






Then it was DECORATING time.  =)








Our kitchen gets a LOT of LOVE in this house!

No comments:

Post a Comment