Monday, March 9, 2015

HUGE SNOW!!!

The Monday after Valentine's Day we got a TON of snow.  We got almost 12 inches of super dry, powdery snow.  It was BEAUTIFUL!  When we woke up Brynn was SO EXCITED to see it...and it was STILL falling.




Ryan had to go to work from about 7-12 to help out in inpatient because some of the workers couldn't get to Saint Francis.  While he was gone, and before Emory woke up, Brynn and I grabbed some buckets of snow off the back deck and she mixed different colors with food coloring.




After playing in the house for a couple of hours, I knew Brynn wanted to outside and play.  I wanted to wait until Ryan got home, but I figured I'd go ahead and attempt getting the girls ready to play in the snow and take them out by myself.  Of course by the time I found all of our snow gear and we got ready, it probably took us close to half an hour!  HA!



One thing we really need to get for the girls for next winter are water-proof gloves.  I put my gloves on Emory....crack me up!


We went out the garage door and when I opened the garage door I was SHOCKED at how much snow we had.  I haven't seen that much in a long time.  Emory and I stayed kind of inside the garage for awhile while Brynn played right outside it...it worked out well because it was pretty darn cold, but Emory wasn't out IN it as much.

Brynn was having the time of her life.  I didn't know if she would love it or not, but she was in heaven!




Emory liked watching from inside the garage.




Then we braved it and got out in it a little more...








Then Brynn wanted to take a walk...so we trudged down the driveway and walked around on our street...it was so pretty!


I put this HUGE jacket on her so she would stay warm, but she totally looked like the Michelin man!





We had been outside for about half an hour (I was SHOCKED we were still outside!) when my friend/neighbor Lindsay texted me and said that at 1:00 everyone was invited to over to sled.  Since it was almost noon, I figured this would give us a good hour to come in and warm up and have lunch before we headed back out.  We threw lots of our wet clothes in the dryer and then had lunch.  They must have worked up an appetite because I couldn't believe how much they were eating!  


Ryan got home around 12:30 and we finished lunch and got all bundled up again to meet our friends.  Josh drove his 4-wheeler around and the kids got to sled on that and play.  We had such a good time!












Brynn and Kylie loved sledding together!










Even the "big boys" got in on the fun...Ryan and Kyle got COVERED after they sled down a hill.



The next day, Tuesday, Ryan was off work so we went back out with the girls again.








Brynn wanted to go see the pond, and it was FROZEN SOLID.  Ryan stood on it and it didn't budge (keep in mind where he is standing is probably less than a foot deep and he had waders on, so it's not quite as dangerous as I originally thought!  HA!)







Wow...FUN TIMES from the land of snow!

1 comment:

  1. Omg this looks like the most fun snow days ever!!!! And definitely some pics for the girls wedding slide shows. :)

    ReplyDelete