Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Thanksgiving Day 2014

On Thanksgiving morning we got up and got to work making our annual "Chocolate monkey bread." Coffee, Macy's parade on, baking with our family...it was a great morning!


Brynn always loves to help mix and stir things in the kitchen (insert me getting out the vacuum cleaner).  =)


I know everyone is laughing at Ryan's picture (and no one is shocked, least of all you Erika), but if I never took pictures because his shirt was off, I'd probably never get a real life moment.  =)  So...you get Ryan in all his glory helping bake.



Messy messy...basically it's like my mom's monkey bread recipe but you add Hershey kisses in each little biscuit "ball"...it is SOOOOO GOOD!


Then we got to work making our "grape and cheese appetizer turkey."  HA!





Emory woke up around 9 and these two girls were having lots of fun being silly together...so thankful for these two!



SISTER KISSES!



Our masterpieces...TA DA!


We headed to Oran to go to my grandparents for the "Hency" Thanksgiving.  My parents were in Knoxville with Linz, and my Aunt Tina's whole clan was in Dallas visiting Erika.  But my Aunt Gina and Uncle Tim, and me, Ryan, Brynn, and Emory were representing Grandma's Hency's.  =)

Since my mom was gone, I made her overnight salad.  I have to say, it tasted almost exactly like my mom made it...good job to me!


We had such a yummy lunch and had such a great time with everyone.  After lunch, Brynn provided some entertainment...HILARIOUS!  Granny, if you are missing any of your scarves, you know who to call!


If you can't read this note, we put Emory in her pack in play in a spare room, and I put up a sign that said "Emory sleeping."  Brynn was hanging out with the older men =) and I had a glorious hour of drinking coffee and having some adult time!


Brynn was a HOOT!  She walked in to the "old man's room" and kept saying "well, HEY guys!"  HA!


I had to snap a picture when I peeked in to check on Emory.  So sweet!


I have no clue how to turn this picture around (thanks Ryan for taking it this way???) but this was my glorious coffee time in the afternoon!


Ryan and Brynn headed down to watch some TV...


And then it was time for one of my FAVORITE Thanksgiving traditions...we all sit around the piano and sing Christmas songs.  We always start with the 12 Days of Christmas and get our special part to sing...you know I must love this if I'm willing to sing a SOLO (or duet) in front of everyone.  Actually, Brynn, Ryan and I all sang together...hilarious!



Brynn's not always the most affectionate when we leave places (you know, when you are leaving and you want your kids to walk around and give everyone a hug).  Well the spirit of Thanksgiving must have come over her because she was hugging everyone left and right.  She was so funny...she was repeating all these things she heard the grown-ups saying, like "well, we're losing daylight pilgrim!" And hugging people and saying "see ya, darlin!" I could not stop laughing!

We left around 4:30 or 5 and Brynn was ZONKED! I don't think she made it two minutes before konking out.


We drove to Ryan's Aunt Soni's house for supper.  We had already celebrated Thanksgiving with Ryan's family the weekend before, but some of us got together and had a YUMMY supper and visited.



Fun with the cousins...







HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

The next night my best friends from high-school got together (except Kelly was still in Texas).  LOVE THESE GIRLS!  We face-timed Lauren so she was with us in spirit.  =)


No comments:

Post a Comment