Monday, December 22, 2014

House Divided - Knoxville for the Mizzou/Tennessee Game

IT'S OFFICIALLY CHRISTMAS BREAK!  WOOHOO!  Last Thursday at our preschool we had our Christmas program and "school" was over until January 6!  I have been making cookies like crazy, and last week between 6 orders, I made 29 DOZEN!  Holy cow!  (I'm majorly scaling back in the New Year!)  Anyway, last night I finished my last order until the New Year and I am so excited for a little break.  I'm looking forward to getting my blog ALL caught up, which hasn't happened since well before the move.  So...here we go!

Back in November I had a WONDERFUL weekend visiting my sister and Curt in their new house in Knoxville!  We planned it back in the summer, and knew that the weekend Mizzou played Tenneesee in Knoxville, they would be moved into the house they pretty much gutted.  The timing worked out great and they had moved in a couple of weeks before.  Ryan stayed home to help with the girls and spend the last weekend of deer season hunting with his Dad, and my parents and I made the trip.  Brynn and Emory had a long awaited sleepover at Pamaws!


Friday we went shopping and ate lunch at Newks!



My Dad can find a friend anywhere, and outside of TJ Maxx he struck up a conversation with a guy in Tennessee gear.  Turns out this guy is the grandpa of TN's STUD running back...hilarious!


Repping the Tiger tale in Knoxville!


We had planned to shop in the morning and then come back and hang out and relax (and nap) in the afternoon before dinner, but it was after 7 before we stopped shopping.  We headed straight to dinner out and had the BEST time.  We laughed so hard we were crying! When we were leaving we were laughing about something SO HARD that my mom was making the loudest laughing noise EVER.  I'm sure people wondered what got put in our drinks...HA!


The car was a bit stuffed...


We got up Saturday morning and hit up a couple of more stores...


and then Lindsey had a fun house-warming party for some family friends that were in town.  We got ready and all headed to the game.


The rivalry between these two was getting intense...HA!  They have a cute sign in their basement with Mizzou and Tennessee  logos that says "house divided" and that's what it is...




We had SO MUCH FUN at the game, and our Tigers won a close one!  It was AWESOME!  (Not so much for Curt, but he was a good sport about it).

LOVE MY FAMILY and thankful for this special weekend with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment