Monday, January 30, 2012

10 months



 Yes, I know I sound like a broken record every month, but I just can't believe she's another month older!  TEN months...that's just crazy!  I still feel like a kid myself, so how is it that we have a child who is getting ready to celebrate her first birthday and will probably be walking in the next couple of months!  I've been having these moments lately (especially when I'm at my desk at school looking at her pictures) where I just think "I can't believe she's our daughter!" 
  • She weighs about 20 1/2 pounds, but not really sure about her length.
  • She is in size 3 diapers.
  • She wears mostly 12 month clothes, but I have bought a couple of pairs of 18 month leggings because if I buy any smaller they just ride up to her knees!  (And this little thing has a macho belly...so the bigger sizes fit fine around the waistline too! HA!)
  • Typical daily schedule is to get up around 7, take a morning nap around 9:30 (we only let her sleep about 45 minutes tops), lunch around 11:45ish, afternoon nap from about 1-3:15, supper around 5, and nurse at 8 and then bedtime.  Breakfast is milk, oatmeal, and fruit.  Lunch is milk and veggies.  She usually has a little snack at Nonna's after she gets up from her nap.  Supper is milk, and then meat, veggies, and fruits.  Usually when we eat supper (which is around 6:15) she eats some of our table food and feeds herself puffs.  This little thing can PUT IT AWAY!  She likes everything...spaghetti, green beans, bread, etc..
  • She still drinks breast-milk only.  I pump before we get her up in the mornings, and I pump over lunch at school, and then she nurses before supper and before bed.  I still can't believe my body is still doing this!  If it's the weekend I don't have to pump, so I don't dip into my supply, but during the week I'm getting into my supply almost everyday.  We usually give her 5 oz. bottles for breakfast and lunch, and I'm not pumping that much anymore (usually around 4 each time). 
  • She is quite the little jabberbox...she babbles away but says "dadadadada" way more than "mamamama" right now (tear, tear).  She also says "nananana" (which Nonna says is probably because she hears "Nonna" all day long). 
  • Some of her new "things" include raising her hands when we ask her "how big is Brynn?", semi-pointing at things, and blowing a whistle (she loves to do this and it's hilarious!)  She is getting pretty good at waving to people.  She likes to patty-cake and does the clapping, rolling it up, and then raises her arms up for the last part.
  • She can WALK WITH HER WALKER!  It used to go too fast for her, but now she can pretty much do it all over the house.
  • She is the fastest little crawler...she is quick!  Lindsey says we need to enter her in the Super Kids race because they have a crawler division and she says Brynn would cream everyone! HA!
  • She is into EVERYTHING...I turned around for a second tonight and she had unrolled the roll of toilet paper all over the bathroom floor!
  • She has a "lovey"...her little soft baby.  We put it in her crib at night and a lot of times we will find her arms wrapped around it when we get her up.  She also takes her paci more now...we usually only give it to her in the car, but she doesn't always enjoy car rides and it is amazing how quiet she is with it! HA!
  • She's become quite a fan of her daddy...she loves to follow him around the house and even cried once when he left!
  • The last 3 Sundays at church she has cried when we've dropped her off, although they said it only took about a minute before she stopped crying. 
  • This was the first month she got really sick...her first ear infection.  It took 2 rounds of antibiotics and a couple of weeks to finally get over.








 

What an incredible 10 months it has been!  We've been to see 2 friends newborns lately and it just boggles my mind how tiny they are and how much they grow in just a few short months.  Babies are truly miracles from the Lord!

1 comment:

  1. that top 10 month picture is adorable!!!!!! let's FaceTime again soon :)

    ReplyDelete