Wednesday, November 12, 2014

First Post From the New House!!

WE ARE MOVED IN!  We moved in two weeks ago and are getting all settled in.  We finally got internet hooked up yesterday so hopefully I can catch back up on blogging.  

The move went pretty well.  A bunch of Ryan's buddies helped move all of our stuff over and our families were awesome help all week.  We have most everything put away, and that feels SO good.  We don't have much up on the walls, but I know that will come.

The first couple of nights felt SO WEIRD...as excited as I was about moving, those first couple of nights I just wanted to go back to our old house and curl up on the little couch.  (It probably didn't help that Ryan and I didn't have curtains or blinds those first couple of nights...WEIRD! HA!)  I felt like I was in a hotel or something.  But then later that first week I was making cookies for my cousin's baby shower and something about baking the cookies just made things click and I had this "moment" where I felt like "I'm in MY house."  It was a really good feeling, and there's been no looking back.  We've settled into our little routines here and it is awesome to BE HOME.  

I can honestly say that our house turned out even better than I hoped for.  I look around and I really love it!  Right now there are still a few things that have to be done...our shower door has to be put on (it's still not in yet), my dad is working on putting in our mudroom cubbies, and some built-in cabinets for our great room should be installed pretty soon.  So there's still a lot of work to do, but we are getting there!




1 comment:

  1. Cannot wait to see inside pictures. I am so happy for you all

    ReplyDelete